Only two more 20% days, excluding spring break. I have decided on what I wanted to make as my final project for the class. French macarons are probably the only fancy thing I have made that I would be proud enough to share with everyone. Hopefully I will impress and win my grade through their stomachs. I am still trying to create and find different flavors that will spark interest, but I do still have some safe bets.
My favorite is lavender with honey buttercream:
Another is earl grey with the same filling, as it is very complementary to floral flavors.
I can always rely on nutella as a crowd-pleaser.
Maybe plain chocolate or perhaps spicy cocoa or any type of spiced flavor.
Some other ideas I was eyeing was mint chocolate, rose jam, cappuccino, strawberry, and countless others.
I hope this will inspire others to use the kitchen more often, because it's not as difficult as some may imagine.
It's going to be very time consuming to make all these different variations with one stand mixer, keeping in mind that each batch takes 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes drying time, 12 minutes baking, and 10 minutes assembling (5x). May 15th is going to be an interesting afternoon.

No comments:
Post a Comment